This course began on May 15, 2021
The Breath of Life course is for anyone interested in learning more about the power of breath practice and how it can be an embodied-rhythm in your life to return to God’s presence. In the presence of God we “catch our breath,” slow down, build self-awareness, find our center in stillness, seek counsel, release holding patterns, and reduce stress for better health. Our prayer is that you will experience transformation through the study of anatomy, physiology, breath mechanics and coaching techniques, Biblical scripture, meditation, and spiritual formation exercises. This course is for anyone, and yoga teachers seeking continuing education can earn a certificate for 30 hours of Yoga Alliance CEUS.
Dates: May 15-Jul 17, 2021
LIVE Schedule (Zoom Calls will be recorded & shared with participants): Tuesdays, 10:30am – 12:30pm Mountain Time
Format: Online Course + Zoom Lectures
CEUs (Continuing Education Units) Earned: 30
Lead Instructor: Kristin Gibowicz E-RYT 500
Open to: Everyone (Yoga Teachers earn CEUs)
Course Details and Schedule
- To kick off the course, come enjoy a 3-hour Breath of Life Soul Spa, online mini-retreat on May 15th from 7am-10am MST (6am PST, 8am Central, 9am EST, 14:00 GMT, 15:00 CET). Join Hope Stockman (Brussels), Angie DuPlessis (UK), and Kristin Gibowicz (Colorado, US) and set apart time with God for nourishing breath practice, meditation, group spiritual direction, personal reflection and community, and a Restorative yoga practice. What a gift to come together in international, Christ-centered community! The Soul Spa is included in the price of the BOL course, but open to ANYONE who wants to REGISTER separately.
- Tuesday – May 18th 10:30am-12:30pm Mountain The Anatomy of Breath – Jen Wilking, 500 E-RYT, Physical Therapist and Yoga Therapist
- Tuesday – May 25th 10:30am-12:30pm Mountain The Physiology & Mechanics of Breathing – Kristin Gibowicz
- Tuesday – June 1st 10:30am -12:30pm Mountain The Spirituality of Breath: Creator Breath & Presence- Kristin Gibowicz and Hope Stockman
- Tuesday – June 8th 10:30am-12:30pm Mountain The Spirituality of Breath: Counselor Breath & Formation
- Tuesday – June 15th 10:30am – 12:30pm Mountain The Spirituality of Breath: Embodying Breath
- Breath Coach Training (virtual self-paced course with Kristin Gibowicz that covers breathing for anxiety & other stress-related, 6 foundational exercises to coach breath effectively. Breath work for trauma resiliency, PLUS how business coaching for the yoga/breath coach professional).
Why Continuing Education?
It is recommended that yoga teachers take 30 hours of continuing education (including 10 “contact” hours) every three years. For 2021, the Yoga Alliance has extended provisions, due to Covid, to allow for contact hours to be earned online. Yoga Alliance membership is not required to be an excellent teacher; but for teachers interested in becoming E-RYTs to offer continuing education, we do offer Yoga Alliance CEUS for all of our continuing education programs.