This course begins on August 19, 2021
The Unity Study is a transformational book and Bible study that blends yoga philosophy and Christ-centered spirituality and practices. Each week we will embody our call to be peacemakers through yoga, meditation, devotionals, and authentic community.
Anyone can sign up: those interested in putting their faith into action, those interested in a cross-cultural study to deepen their faith, yoga teachers and students in their communities who want to “let their life speak” love. Yoga teachers can earn 30 hours of Yoga Alliance CEUS.
Dates: Aug 19-Oct 21, 2021
Live Discussions over Zoom: Thursdays from 10:30am-11:30am Mountain (1:30pm-2:30pm EST & 19:30 CET/Brussels)
Format: Online Course + Zoom Lectures
CEUs (Continuing Education Units) Earned: 30
Lead Instructor: Kristin Gibowicz, Hope Stockman
Open to: Everyone; Yoga Teachers earn CEUs
What to Expect & Course Schedule
- A 40-page Unity Study PDF manual with weekly devotionals.
- 10 LIVE book & Bible study discussions with Living Soul leadership. Weekly 1-hour classes will take place on Zoom Thursdays from 10:30am-11:30am Mountain (1:30pm-2:30pm EST & 19:30 CET/Brussels).
- Access to Tuesday, 30-minute, LIVE Body & Breath guided meditation with spiritual director, Hope Stockman starting at 12:30pm MST (2:30pm EST & 20:30 CET/Brussels).
- Access to LIVE Soul Flow with Kristin every Monday at 12pm MT via Zoom. All Zoom classes will be saved in the classroom if you cannot make the live.
- 10 yoga videos with Kristin Gibowicz themed to embody each of the Yamas and Niyamas spirit, soul, & body. All Unity Study content is organized in a central place through Google Classroom.
- 10 customized Spotify playlists to accompany each yoga practice.
- Weekly pre-recorded meditations for soul care including: welcoming prayer, lectio divina, examen, imaginative prayer, breath prayer, etc.
- In addition to the course registration, please purchase The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practices by Deborah Adele.
- Thursday, August 19 – Non-violence
- Thursday, August 26 – Truthfulness
- Thursday, September 2 – Non-stealing
- Thursday, September 9 – Non-excess
- Thursday, September 16 – Non-possessiveness
- Thursday, September 23 – Purity
- Thursday, September 30 – Contentment
- Thursday, October 7- Self-Discipline
- Thursday, October 14 – Self Study
- Thursday, October 21 – Surrender
Why Continuing Education?
It is recommended that yoga teachers take 30 hours of continuing education (including 10 “contact” hours) every three years. For 2021, the Yoga Alliance has extended provisions, due to Covid, to allow for contact hours to be earned online. Yoga Alliance membership is not required to be an excellent teacher; but for teachers interested in becoming E-RYTs to offer continuing education, we do offer Yoga Alliance CEUS for all of our continuing education programs.