What is the Unity Study?
The Unity Study is a transformative book and Bible study that blends the yoga philosophy’s ethical lifestyle with Christ-centered spirituality and practices. Each week we will embody our call to be peacemakers through yoga, meditation, devotionals, and authentic community.
Anyone can sign up: those interested in putting their faith into action, those interested in a cross-cultural study to deepen their faith, yoga teachers and students in their communities who want to “let their life speak” love. Yoga teachers can earn 30 hours of Yoga Alliance CEUS.
What to Expect?
- A 40-page Unity Study PDF manual with weekly devotionals.
- 10 LIVE book & Bible study discussions with Living Soul leadership. Weekly 1-hour classes will take place on Zoom Thursdays from 10:30am-11:30am Mountain (1:30pm-2:30pm EST & 19:30 CET/Brussels).
- Access to Tuesday, 30-minute, LIVE Body & Breath guided meditation with spiritual director, Hope Stockman starting at 12:30pm MST (2:30pm EST & 20:30 CET/Brussels).
- 10 yoga videos with Kristin Gibowicz themed to embody each of the Yamas and Niyamas spirit, soul, & body. All Unity Study content is organized in a central place through Google Classroom.
- 10 customized Spotify playlists to accompany each yoga practice.
- Weekly pre-recorded meditations for soul care including: welcoming prayer, lectio divina, examen, imaginative prayer, breath prayer, etc.
Cost to Participate? $99 – Register below. In addition, please purchase The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practices by Deborah Adele.
- Thursday, August 19 – Non-violence
- Thursday, August 26 – Truthfulness
- Thursday, September 2 – Non-stealing
- Thursday, September 9 – Non-excess
- Thursday, September 16 – Non-possessiveness
- Thursday, September 23 – Purity
- Thursday, September 30 – Contentment
- Thursday, October 7- Self-Discipline
- Thursday, October 14 – Self Study
- Thursday, October 21 – Surrender