The Spring 2021 Training will take place from March-May. LIVE Training dates and times below:
Sunday, February 28th, 4:30pm-6:30pm MST – Intros. & Scope of Training. Intro. to Yoga
Tuesday, March 2nd 11:15am-12:15pm MST –Ahimsa: Let it Begin With Me
Weekend Immersion #1: Saturday, March 6th 8:30am-1pm MST & Sunday, March 7th, 8:30am – 1pm MST
Tuesday, March 9th, 11:15am-12:15pm MST – Satya: True Self
Sunday, March 14th, 4:30pm – 6:30pm MST
Tuesday, March 16th 11:15am-12:15pm MST – Asteya: Be Still and Know
Sunday, March 21st 4:30pm-6:30pm MST
Tuesday, March 23rd 11:15am-12:15pm MST – Brahmacharya: The Narrow Way
Sunday, March 28th 4:30pm-6:30pm MST
Tuesday, March 30th, 11:15am-12:15pm MST – Aparigraha: Identity & Non-attachment
Tuesday, April 6th, 11:15am-12:15pm MST- Saucha: Create in Me a Clean Heart
Sunday, April 11th, 4:30pm-6:30pm MST
Tuesday, April 13th, 11:15am-12:15pm MST – Santosha: On Being Content
Sunday, April 18th, 4:30pm-6:30pm MST
Tuesday, April 20th, 11:15am-12:20pm MST – Tapas: Refining Fire
Sunday, April 25th, 4:30pm-6:30pm MST
Tuesday, April 27th, 11:15am-12:15pm MST – Svadhyaya: God, Show me Me
Weekend Immersion #2: Saturday May 1st 8:30am-1pm MST & Sunday May 2nd 8:30am-1pm MST
Tuesday, May 4th, 11:15am-12:15pm: Ishvara Pranidhana: I Surrender
SEVA Yoga Project – May 3rd – May 31st
Each trainee will offer four community classes where they practice teach their Living Soul sequence of choice (Gentle or Basic Vinyasa). All homework must be completed by May 31st. Upon completion of their final Seva Yoga class, trainee will schedule a 2 hour session with lead trainer, Kristin Gibowicz. Trainee will teach their memorized sequence and have an hour mentorship session post teaching.
What is the scope of work each week?
Attend weekly LIVE trainings. All Zoom sessions are recorded & posted in Google Classroom. If you need to miss a live training, please discuss with Kristin.
Yoga Practice – (self-paced) 4 hours per week for yoga practice, meditation, journaling, practice teaching
Yoganatomy – you will have until May 31st to complete a self-paced 20-hour anatomy course. It is recommended that you start this as soon as possible (getting as much completed prior to training is ideal).
Reading: You will be expected to read 1-2 chapters from Embodied Posture by Stacey Dockins each week in preparation for your weekend class. In addition, you will read one chapter of Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele each week in preparation for the Tuesday Unity Study.
Posture Breakdown: Each week you will have a posture family focus. First, you will read about each pose family, then watch a 30-45 min. to embody the posture, and finally refine & practice teach postures on live Sunday or weekend immersion calls.
Google Quizzes: there is no final written test. However, you will have a weekly quiz that may take up to 30min to an hour to complete. Quizzes are open book.
See curriculum below:
- THE UNITY STUDY, a biblical journey through the ethical practices of yoga featured in Deborah Adele’s book Yamas and Niyamas
- The History of Modern Yoga and Sanskrit 101
- Yoga Sutras and the 8-limb Path
- Finding Your Teacher Voice
- Meditation and the Art of Teaching Contemplation
- Pranayama & Life Applications of the Nervous System
- Mantras, Mudras & Spiritual Disciplines
- The Energy Body (Koshas and Chakras from a Christian worldview)
- Art of Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Ayurveda 101 and Somatic Practices
- Sequencing for Student Success & Weaving the Word
- Trauma Resiliency
- Up-leveling Cueing for Longevity and Sustainability
- Yin & Restorative Yoga
- Soul Care for the Yoga Teacher
- The Art of Touch and Assists
- Yoga and Injury Management
- Business and Ethics of Yoga
- How to Grow a Yoga Ministry