What is the scope of work each week?
What is the scope of learning in my 12-weeks of Yoga Teacher Training?
• ANATOMY – You are required to complete 20 hours of anatomy for you teacher training certificate. We recommend that you complete your anatomy prior to training if possible to give you a strong foundation before learning postures.
• READING – You will read one chapter per week from Embodied Posture by Stacy Dockins that coincides with our posture family & pose breakdown that week. Also, you will be expected to read one chapter of Deborah Adele’s Yamas & Niyamas book & the corresponding devotional in preparation for Thursday’s Unity Study.
• WATCHING – There is a corresponding Posture Breakdown video after you complete your Embodied Posture reading. Follow along the video, embody the postures, use the suggested props, and write down any questions about your own experience in the posture or about how to teach the shapes.
• PRACTICING – Join the Living Soul online community for LIVE weekly classes and meditations, including Kristin’s Monday 12pm MDT Soul Flow. These are always recorded and offered in our OnDemand Library. if you cannot be there live. In addition, you will have suggested pre-recorded yoga practices themed on what we are learning in the Unity Study and our 200 hr. curriculum. You will have access to an online library of practices to enjoy with the expectation that you practice 4-5 hours per week during the duration of your training. Of course practice hours in community classes count!
• MEDITATION – Each week, we will provide you with some options for Christ- centered, guided meditations. You will receive recordings anywhere from 15 min – 30 min. in length to enjoy at your own convenience. Hope Stockman & Tracy Cunningham also offer 30- min. SoulNourish LIVE Zoom meditation available to all trainees (Tues. 12:30pm MDT & Friday 3pm MDT).
• PRACTICE TEACHING – Practice memorizing designated section of Living Soul Sequence (you will choose between Basic Vinyasa, Gentle Flow & Gentle/Restore). Each week, you will be given a small part of the sequence to memorize, building proficiency each week towards your final test-out at the completion of training.
• CLASSROOM LEARNING – Every Tuesday from 10:30am-12:00pm via Zoom, you will experience the robust YTT curriculum from a Christian worldview. We will enjoy guest lecturers bringing their expertise in yoga philosophy, meditation, breathing, energy, anatomy, sequencing, weaving the word, trauma, Christian contemplation, teaching special populations, business/ministry development & more. (recorded, but you are expected to have watched the recording before Thursday’s Unity Study).
• COMMUNITY – The Unity Study is our LIVE, via Zoom, book & Bible study & small group discussion that brings community together & allows time for integration. We will meet live on Zoom on Thursday Evenings 5:00pm-7:00pm Mountain. First hour Unity Study discussion and second hour teacher mentorship with Kristin.
• INTEGRATION – You will be immersed in learning for 12 weeks. It’s important that you keep up with the flow of training each week so that you don’t get behind. Life happens, and our training is also designed for you to be able to catch up on the weeks that you are traveling or need the grace! At the end of each week, you are asked to take a Google Quiz to show your learning retention. These quizzes are open book and are a mix of multiple choice and reflection questions (paragraph form). There are always a few additional articles for further thought and quizzes can take up to 30-45 minutes to complete. There is no final written exam.